Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Sun Has Risen in the East

We are ready for our adventure to the Great Wall. We managed a good night of sleep, with a brief intermission at midnight. We were all wide awake, so we gave Alex a bath and a snack, read him a story, and we all went back to bed and managed to sleep until about 6:30 a.m.

I looked out our window this morning. Bicycles race in the early moning light, along side buses and cars. People walking. The morning rush beginning.

We are ready to head to breakfast before leaving for our tour and Alex has too much energy to let me type any longer right now.

More later and pictures.

2 comments:

Karl said...

Let me try this again. Ingrid and I wish you a safe and successful trip to the land of the rising sun.
We wish you much happiness with Cate. Looking forward to having you back in the good old U.S.A.

Love Ingrid and Karl

Stacy said...

Hi Jeannine and family! YEAH! I hope your pre-trip goes smoothly, and it's so nice you get to spend oodles of time with little Alex before he has to share you with Baby Cate. I hope that as you stand on The Great Wall, you have that moment of clarity that says, "My goodness, we are in China...and every painstaking moment that has led up to this one has been worth it!" You will soon be a family of four!
My heart is with you in China!