Wednesday, February 20, 2008

TRAVEL APPROVAL!!!!

It's official!!! We finally have permission from the China Center for Adoption Affairs to travel and bring our little girl home!!! I think I may be able to breathe again soon. After all the agonizing days of waiting, of wondering, of hoping, of finally knowing and then staring at her pictures and watching and rewatching and watching and rewatching her sixty second video... she is finally almost here! A month from now, as winter turns quietly to spring, and Steve and I sit here by the fire, she will be upstairs sleeping in her room, just a few steps away from the little boy who has waited so patiently to be a brother, and our family will be safe and complete.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeannine-
Congrats on getting your travel approval. I can't even imagine how you all feel. I am so happy for you. Your blog is beautiful - I am impressed. I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted to make one. It's nice to read about your thoughts & feelings. Even though we are friends, those things don't always come out in every day converstation. I look forward to traveling with you on your journey to China. (I love the newer photo of Cate, I hadn't seen that one before).
Amy

Stacy said...

You are leaving in 16 days!!!I cannot wait to follow your journey, and see you all become a family. It is time to meet the girl you have fallen in love with!
You really are "Bringing Home Cate" this time!
All the Best!